Blessings of Hope is hosting their annual iCare fundraiser on May 28 and 29 2021, with fun for all ages! What type of fun activities? Let’s get into that, but first, let’s review how you can make a difference through attending this event.
Blessings of Hope provided 154,885 meals a day in 2020. In Pennsylvania alone 2.4 million people are suffering from food insecurity, children suffering from food insecurity can have negative effects for the rest of their lives. That is heartbreaking, no child should go hungry or suffer because of it. So what can we do to help?
USDA research shows 30-40% of food produced in America is sent to landfills because of overproduction, and if 35% of that would be recovered we could end world hunger! Especially considering that in some places people are dying from lack of food, now is a great time to collectively use the resources available to us to bring about a more hopeful future, where children don’t have to go hungry.
So how can attending this event help?
Redirecting food into the hands of the hungry requires resources, and these have costs, such as warehousing, food preservation and delivery. Supporting this fundraising event will directly increase the amount of food that can be given to the hungry!
Where will this event be held?
Blessings of Hope just purchased land in West Earl Township. Our current location has limitations on the volume of work we are allowed to do, which prevents us from feeding the hungry to the fullest capacity. Our decision to move to a different location comes with the hope that we can effectively increase our impact to bring God’s purpose to fulfillment through us. We are hosting our annual iCare fundraiser on this newly purchased land. If you feel passionate about feeding the hungry, donations are always welcome. It can certainly empower our mission and increase the resources available to combat world hunger. Donate towards our operations here.
What fun activities will be available at this iCare fundraising event?
We will have delicious food, including our famous Aunt Fannie’s soft pretzels! A bounce house, pony rides and more fun children’s activities will be available throughout the day. If you are competitive and into sports, or even if you’re not and you just want a fun outside activity, join our 5k and 10k race or walk or our co-ed volleyball tournament. If you like to shop or support local business owners, come by the auction! Fun Auction items include donations from local business owners, plants, trees, tools and more! Other entertainment options include a Saturday night gospel concert and a Friday night banquet. See the full itinerary below.
Blessings of Hope’s 2021 iCARE Fundraiser Itinerary
Date: Friday, May 28th from 5:30-9:30 p.m., and Saturday, May 29th from 6-9:30 p.m.
Location: 1850 Diamond Station Road Ephrata Pa
Friday Night Banquet Itinerary (this is a ticketed event requiring registration)
- 5:30 p.m. – Doors open for registered guests and hors d’oeuvres served
- 6:30 p.m. – Banquet-style dinner is served
- 7:00 p.m. – Performance by Acapella group
- 7:30 p.m. – Presentation from Blessings of Hope CEO, David Lapp
- 7:45 p.m. – Guest speaker: Daniel Beiler on “Being Hope in Iraq”
Saturday Schedule (Registration is required for the 5k and 10k race, but not for the rest of the event on Saturday)
- 6:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m. – Festival of Food – Featuring our delicious soft pretzels and a breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu. Drive-through available 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Dine-in open all-day
- 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. – Children’s Activities – Bounce house, barrel train, and pony rides! $5 for a wrist band, includes one pony ride and day-long access to other activities
- 7:30 a.m.: Check-in, 8:30 a.m.: Race start time – 5k-10k Race/Walk – Registration costs $30 for the 5k race and $40 for the 10k race. After May 1st, registration costs increase to $35 for the 5k race and $45 for the 10k race. You can register online here or by calling 717-824-1227
- 8:30 a.m. – Co-ed Volleyball Tournament – Two girls, four guys per team. $180 per team. Sign-up by calling 717-824-1227
- 9:00 a.m. – Onsite/Online Auction – Auction items include sheds, trees, shrubs, flowers, tools, games, furniture, gift cards, and services generously donated by local businesses
- 6:30 p.m. – Gospel Concert – Featuring: Call of Grace, Daniel Glick, and Dan and Amanda
How Can You Help Eliminate Food Insecurity in Your Community?
- Volunteering is a vital part of our operations. We couldn’t have distributed 67 million pounds of food last year without our incredible volunteers!
- You can sponsor food boxes to give hope to the hungry near you.
- Your church or ministry can partner with us to provide hunger relief to the community of your choosing.